Getting the best burn from your candles each time.
At Light The Mood™, we want you to experience safety and enjoyment while using our hand-poured candles.
We meticulously test our candles for the safest optimal burn with the right combination of wax + wick + fragrance.
Things to keep in mind for the best candle burning experience:
- Soy & coconut candles should be allowed to melt, filling the entire center with liquid. As the liquid around the wick melts, the candle pool should expand to the outside rim of the candle or to the sides of the candle container.
- Place on a protected, heat-resistant, dry surface, away from anything that can catch fire, and out of reach of children and pets. Use holders designed for the particular candle style.
- Trim your wick each time you light the candle, removing any wick 'bloom' from the previous burn. We like 1/4"-1/2". If smoking occurs, blow candle out. Trim wick(s), remove trimmings, and relight.
- Avoid burning candles near windows or air vents. The draft will cause the candle the burn unevenly.
- Never leave candles burning unattended.
- The candle should be completely cooled between uses.
Caring for your candle jars.
- Handle with care; glass containers are fragile. Avoid glass-to-glass contact when removing or replacing the lid. Do not use if the jar is cracked, chipped or scratched. Do not refill with wax.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the jar. The jar may become hot. Handle carefully.
- If smoking occurs, check for drafts or high traffic areas, which may cause flame to flicker and smoke.
Also, be sure that the wick is no longer than 1/8". If it is, extinguish, trim to 1/8", and relight.
- To minimize wax left on the sides of the jar, burn 3 hours at a time; it is normal for some wax to be left. The amount will vary per color, fragrance and burning conditions.
- Prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface by discontinuing use when 1/2" of wax remains.
- Extinguish carefully before replacing the lid.